Thursday 24 March 2011

Little Rays of Sunshine

So I'm sitting at my desk in the office,  and one of the loveliest parts of the day occurs. Around 16.30 (good time, usually on my last tea of the day) the sun hits Mark's office window, bounces off the glass wall of his office, and hits the left hand corner of my desk. Actual, warm, bright sunlight. Proper light, not that fake stuff that I sit in all day. This has me desperately leaning across my desk to suck up the remaining part of the day, all that vitamin D goodness. (Can you get vitamin D through glass, I'm guessing not :-( ) Ohh sunshine, where have you been these past few months, oh how I've missed you!! It's so warm and lovely, and makes my desk look more welcoming. It shines through my cup of water, sending sparkly rays everywhere, lighting up my Tresco postcard and making the beaches look even more inviting. The air conditioning has gone, and I feel like I'm sitting on that beach, pushing the sand through my toes, and flicking off the little sand hoppers that are bouncing everywhere. The office is transformed, and I'm no longer staring at accounting codes and cost centres, just the turquoise and greens of the gently moving sea, sipping on my cool glass of Chilean Savvy..... ahhh heaven.......

There is another window in our office. The blind is pulled over as soon as the sun shines through, apparently it is too bright......

No comments:

Post a Comment