Sunday 8 September 2013

The Ashmolean Museum, Oxford

The Outside of the Ashmolean Museum
The Ashmolean Museum in Oxford has had a revamp, and I absolutely love it. It's so modern, fresh and light, completely the opposite of the typically dark and stuffy museums. It's like a miniature British Museum. Unlike the British Museum however, it is not filled with masses of tourists and visitors (well not the day I visited anyway). So I had the run of the place without having to queue or stand on my tip toes to see anything. If you want to see Egyptian mummies this is the place to visit. I also recommend the restaurant on the rooftop, wonderful food (I had a watermelon salad washed down with a pint of Pimms!) and a little grassy area with deck chairs. Be warned though, they seemed to have a wasp issue when we visited, so don't sit near the flowers!









The Rooftop Restaurant at the Ashmolean




No comments:

Post a Comment